AMPO HEADQUARTERS are located in Idiazabal (Spain), and it comprises an area about 45,000 square meters, with the following facilities:
- Our own Foundry: AMPO has four production lines (Sand Moulding, Ceramic Moulding, Centrifugal Castings, Shaped Centrifugal Castings), each of which uses the most advanced technologies, with a global production capacity of 1110 tonnes per month. AMPO FOUNDRY is considered one of the best European foundries.
- Cutting edge machining facilities: AMPO FOUNDRY offers a wide variety of solutions, supplying both rough and finish machined parts. Our machined components provide our customers with important added value, i.e. a reduction in total cost and delivery lead times, in addition to improving quality control. With a view to increasing our machining capacity and giving our customers better service, we are constructing a new 12,500 m2 machining facility as well as investing in intelligent machine tools.
- Testing facilities in order to carry out Non Destructive Examinations, such as: X-Ray Examination, Dye Penetrant test, Magnetic Particles, Ultrasonic Test, PAMI (Positive Alloy Material Identification), Picking and 3D Dimensional Control.
- Valve assembly, testing, painting and packing facilities, fully equipped with the most advanced technologies, which gives us the capacity of a fully integrated process.
- The “Creativity house”, which was inaugurated in 2014 in order to develop creative ideas, and where visitors can find: a museum, a creativity area, meeting rooms, presentation areas, an observatory, a greenhouse, etc.
AMPO is just one hour drive away from BILBAO (International Airport) and at the following distances from other important places: 65 km west of Pamplona, 45km south of San Sebastian and 70km south of the French Border.